Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Riverton
May 24th 2013
Published: May 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We waited till 6 for Tanner, the owner of the place, to turn up with the wheel, but no sign. Bob wanted to lock up, so we hauled all our stuff back out of the garage and paid up for another night camping and set up the tent.

Another windy night. In the morning we walked over to the garage and found the wheel waiting for us. Jim fitted it, we packed our stuff and were finally on our way.

Incredible roads, and crossed into Wyoming. It was still very windy, and riding up the mountain passes and across the plains was challenging to say the least. But the views as ever were breath taking. I saw a condor riding the wind beside the road, Jim a fox crossing the road in front of him, I managed to miss a chipmunk who passed behind Jim's bike and in front of mine and saw horses roaming on the 'open range', and we even saw tumble weeds crossing the road at some pace! Pretty well everything one would imagine one would see. The temperatures varied, we passed snow on the side of the road up in the mountains, but down in the 'basins' it was hot, though still very windy.

Rode into Riverton looking for a motel, and have plumped for 'The Ol' Wyoming' a shabby looking western type motel, which is actually just the job. Our meal out was at good old Maccy D's. Apparently there is no choice of where to eat after around 8ish, everywhere closes really early. Its the usual main street through the whole town with Harleys and huge V8 trucks thundering through.

Have booked another motel room for tomorrow night in Cody, trying to get prepared for memorial day weekend, as well as 2 nights camping in Yellowstone on the Monday and Tuesday night. As yet unsure about the in between days and nights, we'll see.

Advertisement



24th May 2013

Cancelled BBQ
BBQ cancelled for tomorrow so don't hurry back. Weather s@@te so not sitting out as often as we should (not much fun anyway as you are absent)... House still not bought still awaiting money, lawyers involve @ £310per hour 6k so far. Glad to here you are having some great adventures.
10th June 2013

Tiring Tyres
Glad the 'tyre saga' has come to an end (hopefully!) It sounds an amazing journey, if just a little exhausting at times but I guess anything worth doing takes a little something from the mix. I can't remember when you return...if you fancy a stint up-north you very welcome. Looking forward to seeing you both in France, think it will probably be me coming with the boys...I worry about Jim driving on his own plus Matt and dogs as Jim home late most days. Never mind...just a couple more years and Matt old enough to cope! Take care. Mags and Jim. x
11th June 2013

Yup tyre saga been overtaken with more serious and expensive stuff - you never know when you're better off!! Sorry you can't make the extended visit to France, but it will be nice to see you all. We're back on 2nd July, but a little unsure of plans other than initial family visits. We'll be in touch once we're back. x

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb