Bloody tyre!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Manila
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tyre saga continues. The shop in Duchense failed to order a new tube, so the guys there, and Jim, spent a good couple of hours patching and refitting the tyre and wheel. They charged 15 bucks for all of their labour and use of their tools and workshop.

Paid up for the pickup rescue, minimum charge of $145, and set off on our way again.

Up the mountain, 100 odd miles later, tyre near flat again! Stopped at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, hoping they had an air line at least. They even stocked the tyre slime, which Jim squirted in but it still appeared to be losing pressure, so Andy (the guy in the gas station) phoned around found a store (around 40 miles away) who stocked a tube and arranged for someone else (Woody) to drop it off the next morning. Checked the time it would take (half an hour), so that Woody could pick it up again and bring it back around 3pm. We could fit the wheel and be on our way.

Had a bit of a lie in, nowhere to go. Had a bite of lunch and went for a lovely walk. We're up in the hills here, and its really picturesque. Back just before 3 to meet up with Woody, only to find the shop hadn't fitted the tyre by the time Woody went back for it, too busy! He had take his kids to a baseball game, so the owner agreed to pick it up for us. I managed to locate the bike store and gave them a ring and got them to ring me when the tyre was ready. It's now ready and hopefully the owner will pick it up. He plans to be back here around 6. The garage closes at 6. We now have Bob here at the garage, who says he will hang around for us to fit the wheel, but depends on the time the wheel arrives. Meanwhile we've made the mistake of going into the gun laws here....bad move!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb