Jackson, Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson
August 23rd 2007
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Grand Teton National Park is a little over two hours from Yellowstone, yes we are a little crazy but we're trying to see as much as possible. The drive follows the Snake River another beautiful scenic area. How much beautiful scenery can you take in? Anyway the Grand Tetons are magnificent. (I'm running out of adjectives!!) We went to Jackson to see how the rich cowboys and cowgirls live. Sylvan thought it was kind of like a western version of Nantucket. Lots of very expensive shops. Fur and taxidermy are VERY popular here. We stopped at the Million Dollar Bar for a beer. The bar seats are real saddles (I'm so glad I didn't attempt a trail ride) and the prices are high. At $4.50 for a bottle of beer (no drafts) there was no danger of getting drunk. It was worth the price of two beers to see this original piece of history. We left Jackson by way of the back road suggested by a very nice lady at the visitors center. This brought us out to the Jackson Hole Ski Area but shortly thereafter it became a dirt road and we were sure we had taken a wrong turn but we hadn't, the road eventually became paved as we entered the Grand Teton National Park on our return to Yellowstone. Oh if anyone is interested Carol King has a nice little place for sale, main home, guest cottages, recording studio, on-sight natural hot spring swimming pool for only 19 million.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb