Devil's Tower


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yellowstone National Park - Devil's Tower

14/09/2007

Devil's TowerDevil's TowerDevil's Tower

Devil's Tower, we setup camp right here
We slept in a little today, probably due to the massive night last night. We headed for the visitor’s centre for breakfast and to get some souvenirs we wanted. On the way we stopped in the middle of the road because a small herd of buffalo were crossing. It was quite a sight and took a while as well but worth the wait. We shortly arrived at the visitor’s centre and Dave and Marcia went to get breakfast for some of us, the rest of us went looking around the store. I had a good look around and tried some clothes on and bought a warm jumper and a long sleeve top. Went back to Dave and Marcia and they were still waiting for breakfast. When they finally got it they had to queue in another line to pay. It took ages, but finally after waiting so long we had our breakfast. On the way out we stopped at a sign and all took photos then spent the rest of the day driving.

It wasn’t till early evening we arrived at the campsite and setup our tents then began preparing dinner. We were staying with the other trek group tonight
Yellowstone National ParkYellowstone National ParkYellowstone National Park

Goodbye Yellowstone
who invited us to a weird ball game they invented. It was us vs them, they explained the rules and we lost badly. We slumped back and cooked dinner then had a discussion about our big day tomorrow, had a few drinks then most of the group went to sleep. I wandered over to the other trek group where they stayed up playing card games in their tent. Hung around with them for a while before finally heading back to our campsite and going to sleep.

Day 21:
Yellowstone National Park - Devil's Tower
425 MILES TRAVELLED // 3565 TOTAL
Devil's Tower KOA Campground


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Devil's TowerDevil's Tower
Devil's Tower

Our campground at Devil's Tower


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb