Day 3: DeSoto


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin
June 16th 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Houses


One thing that I didn't mention yesterday was that as we were walking around a suburb of Chicago (near where Ferris Buler's house was actually) I noticed that a bunch of the houses looked like monsters encroaching upon the street. It wasn't just that they were big, but they all looked like they were leaning toward the street, or sprawled out ready to strike someone on the street. Not as scary as every house being the same, but still striking.

Day 3: DeSoto


DeSoto was actually the destination for where we slept. We stayed in Chicago for most of the morning and got to see a Bahai temple out of seven in the world. Apparently the Bahai is this newish religion attempting to combine all of the previous religions into one. You know saying that all the previous prophets, even though they were saying different things, were all speaking for the same god, god was just "maturing" or something. I thought it sounded very accepting, but I did wonder what they thought about atheists.

Finally got into Wisconsin, and it turns out that the accent over here is that people don't really talk all that much.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb