Day 2 - Seattle People Lie About the Weather so we won't move here...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 2nd 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we left hotel and headed back down to water for breakfast at Lowells, located in Pike Place Market. Another beautiful day in Seattle with a little cooler temps. The breakfast was really good - Sweetie had a breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg, cheese and spinach. I had slow braised corn beef hash with poached eggs, yum-yum. A little shopping produced a long sleeve t-shirt from Pike place fish mkt. for me and Sweetie got a sweatshirt of this little piggy went to market.

From there we went to EMP, Experience Music Project museum. Really cool museum with exhibits of the history of guitar (acoustic and electric), Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix and Rolling Stones Exile on Mainstreet 1972 tour. Sweetie's favorite though was Don't Look Now, a history of horror movies.

Lunch today was at La Lot Vietnamese restaurant near the hotel. We shared traditional Vietnamese Rolls, which were pork, shrimp, vermicelli, carrots, basil, and fried wheat paper. Also had the Lemongrass Beef Roll which was very good, with beef, lemongrass, vermicelli, carrot, and lettuce. These rolls came with dipping sauces of fish sauce and peanut sauce and of course we added Sambal Olek.

We were fortunate enough to be escorted for a private dinner cruise on Lake Washington. Sweetie's co-worker and friend Anne along with husband Peter, picked us up at the hotel and provided transportation to the marina. There we were greeted by Sweetie's boss and friend Tim Evenson and wife Karen. Tim's friend Greg and wife Robin, were gracious hosts on their luxury boat. Also joining us for the evening were Dave and Colleen. Drinks, wine, and hors' douvres were going down smoothly before we began our cruise around the Lake for sunset. We had a nice dinner of grilled Salmon with apple chutney, potato latkes and a garden salad along with plentiful wine - courtesy of the wine expert, Tim.

On a side note, Robin and Greg's boat bathroom was much larger than our hotel bathroom - next time we're going to try and stay on the boat - ha! ha! Again the weather was absolutely perfect for a night on the lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Guitar SculptureGuitar Sculpture
Guitar Sculpture

It actually plays music - very cool!
Chihuly Sculpture at Seattle CenterChihuly Sculpture at Seattle Center
Chihuly Sculpture at Seattle Center

AHole dodged a bullet on this one - didn't have to go to the full tour


7th October 2012

wow
I find different stuff everytime I check this. This time on mobile vs Ipad., whole different format...keeping it interesting!
7th October 2012

wow
I find different stuff everytime I check this. This time on mobile vs Ipad., whole different format...keeping it interesting!
9th October 2012
EMP Museum

Frank Gehry?!
Wow that building looks so cool! Bet the stuff inside was pretty cool, too. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb