Seattle from the Air


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 3rd 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Seattle Great WheelThe Seattle Great WheelThe Seattle Great Wheel

The tallest Ferris Wheel on the West Coast with 40 feet over Elliott Bay
So what happens when someone makes Sweetie mad? He gets to ride a 175 foot tall Ferris Wheel over Elliott Bay... After a not so great lunch at Fisherman's - we're almost positive the AHole got frozen fish and prawns. Crab and Cheddar melt is really just bread and cheese. Thank goodness for another perfect 10 weather day and a great view.

The view is even better at 175 feet if YOU KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. Probably even better if you hadn't had a cruddy lunch... The mountain range, the bay, the city - really cool and they said we'd only go around 3 times but we actually went 5 times so now someone is very SWEET!

Alot of you know that we enjoy baseball and parks so we headed to SafeCo for the last Mariners' game - 3:30 start and sadly, not a lot of people there, but that means no wait for drinks and bathroom - very happy roadtrippers are we. The Seattle folk are very friendly and gave us insider information on what tix to buy and where to sit - cheap bleacher seats and then head to the Hit It Here Cafe and sit at one of the tables outside. Great view with bar type table and chairs overlooking left field. SafeCo also has the 'Pen which opens 2 or so hours before the game and offers 1/2 price beers so you can tailgate inside and watch batting practice. Bravos - take note!

We left in the middle of the 7th when they were up 6 zip and headed to Elliott's on the Waterfront to meet newly found out family, Sweetie's cousin Alida and husband Steve. We had a great meal and great company - Steve and Alida know their oysters and Elliott's delivered. We'll be coming back West - they made the mistake of showing us their house and telling us about an annual Paella party - you can tell they don't know us yet - that's an invitation for the Browns! By the way, the Mariners wrapped it 12 to 0 - next year looks promising and the park itself is worth a day game.

Called it a night around 10 - it's off to Oregon and the start of the road trip! More later...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



5th October 2012

Where's the pix of you guys?
Um more photos of YOU GUYS would be nice - I was starting to think you were making all this up! LOL. Your trip sounds like fun and delicious! Keep blogging and stay safe!
6th October 2012

Salmon are much more interesting...
Ha! Ha! We're working on it - promise! Glad you checked in and will give you a shout soon - K

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb