In the Begining


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 18th 2009
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The start of re-wireingThe start of re-wireingThe start of re-wireing

Looks simple enough..Hey I think I need some more coffee..
In the beginning Well folks,

I am starting a blog… this is new to me. I know that some if not most of you followed the adventures of the Dos Dirty Padres, well that was mostly Reverend Bill. I added the occasional…hummm maybe we should use this word or that picture… So set your sights a bit lower my friends. I was and am in constant awe of Reverend Bills prowess with whipping out his trusty lap top and blogging for the afternoon while I would entertain the local folk.

However, this is all on my own, save the passer by who would answer the question shouted at their general direction “Hey, how do you spell ………” so bear with me.

This trip I am getting ready to embark upon will be a solo ride. Roughly, the way I figure it, I am leaving Des Moines, WA around the 19th or 20th heading towards Fargo ND to see my Son Matthew, perform a wedding joining he and the lovely Millie in holy matrimony.

Then about the 29th head over to the headwaters of the Mississippi and roughly follow it down the gulf of Mexico where I will
Better..Better..Better..

Fuse block, AutoCom to the rear.
head east for about 60 miles to Biloxi MS to see my Son, PFC Austin of the USMC. He will have 96 hours of liberty… plans there are really up in the air … totally… I am thinking some croc wrestling would be fun.

After that I will likely head into Texas to see my girl Shelly, though I will be close to the Florida Keys…. Hummmm… after Texas and several stops (I am hoping to include Austin TX and 6th street for some music)

I am toying with the idea of dropping in on an old friend… ok he is younger than I… in the Peoria AZ area.

The next stop that may be on my way is my wonderful Niece and Nephew (in-law) Jen and Chris.. (surprise!) or I may head to Vegas or Death Valley… Just a tad unsure yet. If I do get over to San Diego I hope that I can try drowning myself again … er.. I mean surfing.. then a nice leisurely ride up the coast through the giant redwoods back to the Pacific Northwest….

I hope to share with you some of the people, places and food
New BatteryNew BatteryNew Battery

The very powerful Odyssey
I encounter along the way. I intend to have fairly short entries, with lots of photos. I have added a few getting the bike ready. I have new tires, fluids, and a new GPS.

Please add any and all comments that you have.. those designed to get a chuckle …may.. be added and published for all to see, private notes, well those will be private…

But is is all a very loose plan past Matt, Millie, Austin, and Shelly. Oh there an Ex in the mix as well…
OK a couple disclaimers… I have always struggled with spelling, though I will endeavor to use spell check there is a great opportunity to goof… I don’t need to be schooled on this, it’s too late the world has seen it. Second there may be some of you who get this and do not want to. The easiest thing to do is tell me in a comment and I will delete your email.

I hope we all have some fun in the coming weeks.

Take care,

Rev Chuck




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Zumo and EscortZumo and Escort
Zumo and Escort

I am told these make my bike look sexier.. New Zumo, old Escort


18th August 2009

Bun Voyaaj
We will be with you, Reverend, in mind and spirit. Have a great trip. And don't be disturbed when the gal in the GPS tells you in a pissed-off tone that she's recalculating. Directions, we don't need no stinking directions! And yu dont neeed no steekin spellchucker eether@! Deer and cattle-guards to you. Blessings, -Reverend Bill
18th August 2009

Have a great trip
Chuck, I pray that you have safe travel and good times. Jim
19th August 2009

In your corner
I am anxious and excited to see how your trip unfolds. Wishing you the greatest of experiences, lots of new friends. and a cloud of blessings on your way! Safe travel, Your friend, Dave
19th August 2009

Love the Blog
Your itinerary sounds like a blast. Oh, take me with you. Enjoy your visits with family and friends. Be sure to enjoy the scenery along the ride, too. Gods blessings to you on your trip. Love, Nancy

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb