It begins!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 19th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam in SeattleAmsterdam in SeattleAmsterdam in Seattle

Another one of those 'dam ships!
September 19

The day for the cruise to begin is here! Typical cloudy, grey day in Seattle but who cares! We are going on a 65 day cruise to some fabulous places!


Got on board fairly quickly and headed to the Lido for lunch. Our room was ready around 1:30 so went down to see if any luggage had shown up yet. Only one of Daves bags had made it. Went out wandering around to see how the ship has changed since our last sailing in 2001. We had gone on a 16 day repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome then. Pretty much the same with the addition of the Explorations Cafe and the removal of the old coffee bar near the front desk. That is a wine cellar and Art at Sea area now. The old Italian restaurant is now the fleet wide Pinnacle Grill.

Up to the Crows Nest, one of our favorite haunts for some pictures of the Seattle skyline. Nice picture with the Space Needle.




Back down to the room looking for more luggage; we were dying to unpack as we'd been living out of suitcases for the last week and a half! We unpacked what was there and the last one showed up about 20 minutes prior to dinner. Headed off to dinner and found our nice little table for two near the rear of the dining room where we had a nice view outside. We usually end up in the middle or front and never get to see outside so this was a welcome change.




After dinner was the standard crew introduction show. After that we went to the Exploreres Lounge, another of our standard haunts, then for the late night snack and afterwards to bed. We put the clocks back one hour tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cabin 3341Cabin 3341
Cabin 3341

Our home away from home for 2 months!


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.4kb