Our Journey Begins...........


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » SeaTac
February 8th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

February 8, 2012.....after 16 months of planning the day finally dawned…well actually the sun was many hours from rising when I left home on Wednesday to meet up with my travel companion.

Michelle and I hopped on the Bainbridge Island Ferry to Seattle, towing our luggage and backpacks, and then sped easily to SeaTac in a taxi van. 3.5 hours later we finally left Seattle and started on our way.... Of course the flight delay gave us time for one...or maybe that was two ?? Bloody Mary's.... so the gate changes and boarding may be a bit fuzzy.

With the late start, we got to Chicago just in time to traverse the terminal and get right onto our next flight from ORD to London Heathrow. Hungry now (those green bean garnishes don't stay with you for long) we devoured our airplane dinner and a few more Bloody Mary's since we knew it was important to keep hydrated and get our vitamins at same time. The plane was not crowded so it allowed us to have a bit extra space to spread out and try to sleep...though I found myself unable to really do more than a few intermittent nods during our 9 hour flight.......

Pre-Flight Imbibing....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb