Day 10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Puyallup
August 14th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have just had 2 great, busy days! Yesterday after breakfast, we headed to Seattle with Cindy, her boyfriend, Rick and his daughter, Maddie. Just the drive alone was fun & interesting. Rick was driving our truck, Larry in the front passenger seat with Cindy, Maddie & I in the back seat. Cindy was Navigator & Captain, and Rick aptly addressed her such! LOL

I have gotten some great pictures of Mt. Rainier. It really looks like a mountain floating in the sky.
We first went to Pike's Public Market, as we were told by everyone that you can't visit Seattle without going there. What a great place to people-watch...jammed packed with all sorts of people. We saw the famous "flying fish" market. What a riot that place is, and those guys are on their feet! We went into an Italian shop and bought some awesome sounding Olive Oil from Sicily for Larry's mom. We did some walking around and checked out some of the street performers. In the photos you'll see this really cool guy who played instruments while doing the hoola hoop...what a hoot he was!

After we left Pike's we did a little quick touring around and saw the Space Needle, which you'll see pictures of too. Weaving in & out of traffic, making our way to the Seattle Ferry boats. I have some neat pictures of one like the one we rode on. There were 3 big Cruise Ships docked loading passengers. I took some photos of those too.

We boarded the ferry with my truck and it took about 30 minutes to get over to Bainbridge Island. We were hoping to see some whales on the trip, but no such luck.

After docking, we drove to a Norwegian Village, Poulsbo. There were preparing for Dance in the street "fair". We ate a German Restaurant that Cindy picked out. The food was really good. Right next door was a bakery that visited after lunch. We bought some delicious looking baked goods that surely put 10 pounds on my gut & hips just looking at them!

Instead of boarding the ferry to return to Seattle, we took a different way back...because as Cindy said, Bainbridge is just a "pretend" island! We cross over the The Narrows Bridge. Back in the 1940's some time, the original bridge was destroyed by Gale winds. There are videos on Youtube if you google "Galloping Gert".

We returned to Cindy's house for dinner. Cindy made lasagna for dinner, and it was pretty yummy. We just kind of relaxed and hung out. Finally, Cindy's dog, Sammi and our dog Ginger because friends. They played for so long and some points they were more entertaining than what was on TV.

This morning (Sunday, 8/14) after getting up, I ate one of THE most delicious Cinnamon Buns I have ever had in my life! It came from the bakery we stopped at in Poulsbo. I have another saved for tomorrow morning's breakfast.

Then we all took off and went to the Northwest Trek about 30 minutes away. It was a great place to get some up close looks at Elk, Bison, Caribou, Mountain Goats, Coyotes, Wolves and several other wild animals. Some of them we have in our area at home in NY.

Rick & Maddie left in Rick’s truck to head home in Eatonsville. Cindy, Larry & I headed back to Cindy’s where we are currently just chilling out, waiting for Cindy’s daughter, Katie to get home from work.

Tomorrow, Larry & I plan to head of here and head to Salt Lake City.



Additional photos below
Photos: 255, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb