Welcome Dinner 2012


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

GroupGroupGroup

This years exchange group after signing shirts at the welcome dinner
On Friday evening, the eighteenth day of May, 2012, the hoards descended upon the Gischer household in near biblical proportions. Nearly one hundred German and American students along with their American host families made their way to the home overlooking Lake Samish for the second welcome dinner graciously hosted by Carianna Gischer and family. It was by all acounts a resounding and unparalleled success!

The host families and their German charges arrived with their contributions to the feast at 6pm and the party started. Students outside and anywhere they could find to socialize and adults seeking a spot on the deck to put their feet up and take a breath while sharing pleasant and lively conversation with one another. It was an excellent time to catch up with the other hosts on the events of the past week. The appearance of one of the neighbors new puppies seemed to be an especially big hit for many.

I heard of some great plans for Saturday including shopping, kayaking, a visit to “Absolute Air”, a drive in movie double feature and even a trip to Winthrop in the works. It sounds like everyone is keeping busy!

After a sumptuous feast
Welcome BagsWelcome BagsWelcome Bags

Gifts for our German Guests
was enjoyed it was on to the front lawn on this cool but dry spring evening to welcome our guests with gifts and shirts. Once the they were handed out, the kids began the traditional signing of the shirts.

With that, it was over. The German-American mob dispersed even faster than it had appeared. It was a phenomenal evening that was thoroughly enjoyed by all!

Copious amounts of thanks go to our hosts the Gischer family, Carianna, John, Shea and Delaney for opening their home and welcoming us all in! Special thanks also go to Molli Allen for all of her help in the endeavor. Thanks also to Jaycy Cammock and Anna Ferdinand for helping to document this event photographically.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

A Welcome Visitor A Welcome Visitor
A Welcome Visitor

One of the neighbors new puppies made an appearance.
SigningSigning
Signing

Signing the shirts
Group 2Group 2
Group 2

Post Shirt Signing Group Photo


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb