Virgina Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
September 7th 2005
Published: September 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After a hectic 6 weeks on the road we decided we needed to slow down and relax on a beach for a few days. No getting up early to make sure we saw all the touristy things in each place. We had origianly thought of heading down to Miami then over to New Orleans, thankfully we didn't want to spend that much time on a bus as it seriously would have cut the number of days we have at each spot and put us in Miami when Katerina first hit and then New Orleans at about the same time Katerina went through there. We deiced on Virginia Beach it was only a day on the bus and sounded like a nice relaxing place to go for a few days. The hostel we stayed at was awesome, it was one block back from the beach with hammocks, table tennis, BBQ, beach equiptment and great weather.

We did nothing other than sleep, read, play a few games and swim in the Atlantic ocean... it was a really relaxing four days we spent at Virginia beach.

Everynight there were musicians playing along the street and at a couple of stages set up along the board walk. There was also a little fair thing there that had amusements and rides. You could rent bikes that held up to 6 people on them and cruise down the pike path on those. It was a typical beach holiday spot.

The funny thing about this beach compared to beaches back home is that every morning there are tractors on the sand grooming the beaches - once again we can't have natural sand it has to be perfectly flat?! As well as this there are beach bunkers set up and lots and lots of Banana chairs put out on the beach that people can hire to fry on for the day. It looks funny when they decide to put umbrellas out as there is just this sea of blue and yellow umbrellas down the beach.

People who didn't hire the banana lounges took their own chairs and sat on the edge of the water with them. The looked like they did this every day of summer, every summer - they were leathery old bags a definate add for wearing sunscreen and staying out of the miday sun! Which is what we would do, we would go to the beach in the morning come back have breakfast, then hang out during he middle of the day then head back to the beach in the afternoon.... very relaxing indeed.






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0903s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb