Apparently The Aint Much To See In Richmond


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Richmond
January 6th 2008
Published: January 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Carry Town RichmondCarry Town RichmondCarry Town Richmond

Andi in Carry town in Richmond
Sunday morning and after the beers the night before i was the only one who was initially up and i was feeling pretty tired but i had not had much sleep as Andi was in the room next door and had been entertaining her boyfriend and that woke me up and plus the moving round and different beds and i think a case of jet lag aswell as meant i have not had a good nights sleep yet and add to the equation beer which does not aid a good nights sleep. So while everyone was still snoozing i did some re-arranging of my stuff and made sure it was packed for Monday and then i went online to try and work out what means of transport i would take to get to my next destinations. After much thinking and total head spinning at the massive prices inflicted for the plane and the outrageous times on board and still crazy prices of greyhound.

I came to assumption that the best thing to do is to buy the amtrak US Rail Pass at $469 ouchhhh, but it gave unlimited travel and if i started flying or getting greyhound singles i wouldn't have enough cash to get me to LA😞, $469 would get me 30 days travel unlimited travel and then i would have like a few bucks for food and stuff to last me till i fly out on the 29th to Central America. Eventually Andi got up and she invited Josh over again and while we waited Myron and Dave 2 went Grocery shopping, so i chatted to Andi and we discussed the travel options and she couldn't find anything so it was agreed the amtrak was the best option and better than greyhound. Josh eventually turned up and we chatted some and then he drove us into town and i went into the main street station and they had no staff on other than security as it was a Sunday and so Josh drove us out to the other Richmond station which is staples mill and i got the rail pass there, but nothing was mentioned about getting tickets with the pass and i assumed you just showed it( but more about that later).

When then went to carry town and it is a shopping district in Richmond all though by that time most of the shops were closed or closing. we popped into an alcohol store and then we went grocery shopping at the local supermarket and it transpires the is not much to see and do in Richmond, but its good for chilling, drinking and having fun with friends.

We went back to Andi's and had chips and dips and drank beer and searched for funny stuff on the internet.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb