Catch-up


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Fairfax
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Long time no talk. I gave Betty her chance to update the blog, but she did strictly a narrative with little humor or colorful imagery (OK flat out exaggerations).

First, I would like to checkpoint our family visitations and locales honored with our presence. I think we left off with arriving at my sister Leslee in Northern VA outside DC. While there from Friday PM to Thursday AM, we visited the FDR and Jefferson memorials, Congress (House and Senate), lunched in the Rayburn building cafeteria, did a whirlwind trip through the Library of Congress (we were kicked out), drove to and visited Williamsburg, Yorktown battlefield (last battle and surrender of the British during the revolution), Jamestown (1st permanent British settlement in America), returned to Leslee’s for a take-out dinner and crashed so we could get up early and drive to my mothers in Roanoke, VA.

I don’t know if you got tired reading our activities, but we sure did do them and are ready for a down day or two. Betty is doing pretty good, but hills and steps are a difficult go especially in DC as all the buildings have stairs although most have elevators. Of course you have heard of capitol hill - it is and with on-going constriction there is no direct path from point A to B. My knees are currently screaming “morphine, morphine” but Advil is all they get.

OK, so much for an overview, now it is nitty-gritty stuff with a few photos.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.8kb