Lake Champlain VT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Burlington
September 14th 2013
Published: September 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We travelled north to Burlington through the White Mountains on Friday 13th.

As we climbed up to the mountains we encountered drizzle and rain but we stopped for a rest in Bethel a small town of 2000 people and had a snack in a sandwich shop. Quaint little business and we wondered how the owner makes a living out of it, as the passing traffic disappears and the weather closes in. Lovely fresh BLT with local coffee blend. Passed Middlesex and Grantham on the way.

Making the hotel was quite straight forward after we had a poor start in Concord NH mainly as I did not listen to what I was being told by my map reader. The evening meal saw St Louis Ribs mixed with Montreal coleslaw?? Yes it was different perhaps sauerkraut in it?



Saturday saw a poor start trying to find a chocolate factory which did not do tours on a weekend! So driving through a red light was the second problem of the day. Still north passed Colchester and Essex! Then onto the Lake Champlain Islands. The views over Grand Isle were dramatic. North and South Hero islands were fascinating. The standard of homes was very high and most tried to hug the coastline. Someone had lived in a trailer and then decided to build a large house behind it. The weather was very kind and very mild and eventually sunny and hot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb