What a day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire
September 12th 2013
Published: September 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a night where the temperatures reached 92 degrees and and then torrential rain and hail storm. Luckily we had returned from an evening meal.

Now we set off in temperatures around 72 degrees and followed the directions as printed out on Bing maps. Not bad but a little finickity in places. We were going into the back woods of Maine and New Hampshire. Interesting settlements and small roads. When we arrived at our destination a Museum of 19th Century life the heavens opened and we were unable to get out of the car. After a short rest we decided to try and visit the museum in the next 10 days if at all possible.

Little did we know as we went South the fork lightening decided to strike. The rain was torrential and driving interesting on back roads but we ventured on and eventually, after getting lost, but only slightly we managed to find the right road and eventually arrived in Concord NH. As we arrived the heavens opened again and now an hour later the thunder is rumbling around the area and the TV has issued a severe weather warning. What a day. The area is littered with small towns and gorgeous lakes with a hint of autumn golds and reds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb