And some more Rocks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
September 28th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we got up, all a little worse for wear until we had the most amazing breakfast and set off for Zion National Park. At this stage we have been in tents for a 11 days straight and with constant moving, we are all starting to feel the strain. Zion National park is from where the Grand Canyon ends to where Byrce Canyon begins. It's formation is constantly changing is is one of breathtaking beauty but due to us all being a bit tired we all went our separate ways today with some staying and just sleeping, i headed into the park to do some of the smaller, easier trails with Emily. First off we decided to do the lower and middle emerald pools, it was an easy hike especially after our ordeal at the grand canyon with beautiful waterfalls, small pools and amazing flora and fauna while we were surrounded by these huge sandstone mountains. we were just walking along when we see a guy hunched over a rock taking a photo, being somewhat curious if not downright nosy we decided to see what was so exciting. On the rock is a spider which he tells us is a tarantula and to be careful not to touch it, having owned a tarantula and by not being blind i can see that it is plastic but emily is amazed and starts hunting in her bag for her camera, while she is doing this the guy places in on her shoulder and she lets out a mighty scream and runs about 5 minutes down the path and the guy just walks away, im not sure if this is a regular occurance for him and waits for random people to come passed but it kept me chuckling for the rest of the day mainly for the fact that she couldnt blatenly see that it was plastic. We then went to weeping rock, so called named because water runs down the rock and it looks like its crying where we chilled out for a bit and read our books for a bit before heading back to camp. It was a really chilled and relaxing day which was much needed and all of us got a early night that night, because we knew what was in store tomorrow and we needed all our energy for that, Las Vegas!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb