Viva las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 30th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Van is full of excitement as we drive towards Las Vegas, one because we are in a hotel for 2 nights, two because we get to party and three because its bloody Las Vegas. Firstly we went for a quick drive down the strip, even in day it is a sight, lights everywhere. we headed to the Luxor (pyramid hotel) for our all you can eat buffet, we got our moneys worth, not only did i go up 4 times for dinner but got 6 desserts, it is lucky i dont live in Vegas - Im unable to resist food. After lunch/dinner we headed to our hotel to check in, it is one block off the strip and is lovely we even have our own little sitting area which we soon made into our makeshift bar/disco while we got ready to hit the town.
This is where Kyle did good, not only does he bring us champagne to get us in the mood, we are going to get a limo ride round for the next 2 hours. Like young children at christmas we jumped and skipped towards our limo to be greeted by more champagne. First off we did the photo stop, the Las Vegas Sign, the Wedding chapel, headed down the strip (at night it is unreal) and got off and freemount street to see the laser show before heading to the Bellagio to watch the fountain show. I love the fountain show, it goes every 11 minutes and is amazing, i could watch it all night, i must of seen it about 50 times within my 2 days and not once was it the same song or routine. After the Limo, we had a look through some of the casinos and a few of us then headed to Margaritaville where we danced the night away, the others wanted to leave early so i thought i would try to find the others in the casino - who was i trying to kid, these casinos are massive and i didnt have a chance, so i gave up gracfully and went to ask the policemen where the taxirank was as we had been warned not to walk back at night when the lovely policemen that they were offered to drop me back rather than wait on my own. however i was dissapointed that i was unable to play with the siren, Ive learnt to be happy with what Ive got. As we pulled into the hotel, i see everyone sitting outside my room and got some looks as they see me being bought home by the police with enough chicken nuggets to feed a small country. I will always remember your lack of faith gang as when i got out they asked what I did, who do these people think i am.

The next day was our free day so we got up to go have a proper look at all the casinos on the strip and in my case to watch the fountain show over and over again. My favorite Hotel had to be the Venetian, canals, Gondolos, blue sky all slap bang in the middle of the hotel. Saying that every hotel has its charms and so much thought must go into every single one. The strip is long and the hotels are massive so this took us the whole day so after dinner we went to see some of the free shows that Vegas offers, like the pirate show at treasure Island which are packed but worth it.

Las Vegas is maddness, people may call it tacky but I dont see it as Vegas is so much it cant be tacky. Its the Ultimate, while i couldnt say there for a long period of time, Vegas is great and would come back for a couple of days when im richer of course.

The next day we headed out, i tried to get them to drive through the drive through wedding chapel but it was a no go, we had to leave Vegas behind and go to the next stop


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The Venetian,The Venetian,
The Venetian,

My favorite hotel by far,


Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.2216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb