Salt Lake City


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Salt Lake City around 11 and went straight to the Tracy Aviary in Liberty Park. The area was very nice and we enjoyed the aviary with lots of different birds. Then we proceded to the Museum of Natural History on the campus of University of Utah. The book we are listening to has a creature called a dire wolf and we saw it's skeleton. Hungry we found The Market Grill. The inside reminded me of a viking ship and the appetizer we had was watermelon drizzled with balsamic vineger topped with basil and goat cheese. Tasted a whole lot better than it sounds. We had noticed signs for an art exhibit at the Museum of Fine Art, From Monet to Picasso. Highly recommend it. Still to early to check into our hotel we visited the Clark Planetaruim and saw an IMAX about Extreme Planets. The planetarium was in the middle of a new shopping area downtown. Our hotel wasn't far away so checking in we walked about a mile to Temple Square and fended off the many docents' request for tours and questions. By this time we were starving and went back to the hotel to eat and sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb