Bryce Canyon National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
October 13th 2016
Published: October 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Thursday October 13 - Today we headed to Bryce Canyon National Park. We also had a shuttle bus in this park, but again, it made it easy to get around. We decided to do a combination hike from the possibilities, and it combined the Sunrise to Sunset hike with the Navajo and Peekaboo hikes, forming a large figure 8. I haven't mentioned it before, but the days were quite hot, around 85-90 degrees (30 C) which was both nice and a little difficult for hiking in such a sunny, dry climate. This hike walked us down into the canyon, walking among the hoodoos, the rock formations that are left behind as the sandstone breaks down over time. Very dramatic and cool. The hike took us several hours and was well worth it. Afterwards we checked out the movie in the visitor center before leaving.

Today was our only day in Bryce, but it would have been easy to stay much longer, as was the case for Zion, and as it would be everywhere we went on this trip. So many beautiful places.

Back in Kanab, we went for the town's best (only?) Mexican food, and we were not disappointed. It's been a while since I've had real Mexican, and it was yummy. But we each had a combo dish with three things plus the chips and salse they brought us, and by the end, we were pretty much rolling out of there. So good, but so so full. Jeoren is starting to enjoy Mexican! A total win.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb