Bryce Canyon with all kinds of weather!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
July 15th 2012
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bryce CanyonBryce CanyonBryce Canyon

Yes, that is Ginger, a head we have been traveling around with...long story.
Met up with Audra just outside of Bryce Canyon in southern Utah and rode over to the park. After our usual passport stamps in the visitor’s center, we drove to the Sunset point to begin the Queen/Navajo trail. It was partially overcast and the colors were a bit muted at first. The look from the rim was astounding – never have we seen these kinds of rock formations! Hoodoos everywhere! The colors on the rocks are really cool and when the sun peeks out they absolutely glow! This is Audra’s favorite place on earth and I can see why. The reds/oranges/yellows are amazing. The path down is no problem and we see a lot. As we hit the switchbacks to go up, the skies open up and it POURS!!! We made it up in record time! Nothing like a little rain to push you alongJ We are soaked to the skin and our shoes/legs/clothes are orange with the rock dust/mud. It’s cold so we make our way to the car and change into sweatshirts (some of the kids are mortified to have to change OUTSIDE IN THE PARKING LOT! But everyone is much happier warmer. We make our way to the bathrooms to wash our legs off and change into flipflops. These clothes/shoes are going to smell really nice after a couple of days in the car! We do our best then head over to eat at Rubies for the BBQ buffet – delicious! Find a hotel that will fit all of us (Audra is staying with us) and get some rest for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb