Goblin Valley and Arches National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are driving to Arches National Park and we are running late as usual and Audra pulls us over and says "Hey, this is the turn for Goblin Valley - We HAVE to go to Goblin Valley!" So, what do we do? Go to Goblin Valley! It was a pretty cool place - like lots of giant mushrooms and (for those of you familiar with Super Mario Brothers, Mushroom!) The kids could run around and through them. I guess a sci-fi movie, Galaxy something or another, was filmed there. What a fantastic place to play hide and seek! I we lived here, the next birthday party would be held there!

Off to Arches National Park. One after another, just another fabulous park! So very interesting and different than anything we have ever seen. The colors of the rocks were unbelievable - and we had some sun to show them off. We drove through and and climbed a couple of arches. They were huge!!!! The biggest bummer is that somehow, (are you sitting, Audra?) we lost all our pictures of the last part of Bryce, Goblin Valley and Arches! We do have some video so will have to sort through that, and Audra took some on her phone - I think the kids may have a couple on their ipods, but HUGE BUMMER!!! I still can't think about it! They were definitely some of our favorite places.

We stopped the night in Green River and stayed our last night with Audra. So glad we got to share these days with her. We miss you, Alexis!

Advertisement



28th July 2012

Oh no!!
That makes me sick! Lost all your photos? Did you loose the disk?? Ughghghgh! So sorry! I do have some!! I will download them! :(

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb