Wintering in Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Boca Chica BeachBoca Chica BeachBoca Chica Beach

The girls (Barb on the left, Pat in the Middle, and Judith on the right) and yours truely on my scooter. We were having another wonderful day at the beach, one of many.
After leaving Pigeon Forge, TN, we traveled to Brownsville, TX where we stay for the winter at the Breezelake Campground. This is the second year for Breezelake. I love it. We stayed from Nov 10, 2008 to March 20, 2009. We like the area because of the mild weather and the many things to do in the area. If you like the beach, it is 15 miles away. Mexico is 5 miles away. There is a zoo, historical sites, birding areas, golfing (lots of golfing), Flea markets, and loads of places to eat out.

If you like to keep busy, then you needn’t worry, the campground has a myriad of activities (both day and night) to keep you busy.

I will explain all of this in the included pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Doug surf fishingDoug surf fishing
Doug surf fishing

Some of the guys surf fished while we were all at the beach. They filleted the fish for a fish fry later at the campground.
More relaxing at the beachMore relaxing at the beach
More relaxing at the beach

Ray, Terry and Barb relaxing at the beach over drinks.
Dogs on the beachDogs on the beach
Dogs on the beach

Ray and Judith by the surf. Notice the Bud Lite Lime in Judith's hand. The dogs loved the beach. They were off leash and ran all over the beach.
60's Sock Hop60's Sock Hop
60's Sock Hop

Ray and Judith kick the fantastic as they dance in the sock hop.
Amsterdam  FriendsAmsterdam  Friends
Amsterdam Friends

WE were fortunate to have a real great couple from Amsterdam who partied with us. Wym and Irene were cutting the rug at the sock hop.
Fish fryFish fry
Fish fry

We had several fish frys, cooking up the fish caught at Boca Beach. Here are a bunch of my friends digging in.
Redneck bar a la tailgateRedneck bar a la tailgate
Redneck bar a la tailgate

We improvised every chance we could. Here is our bar for the fish fry. Terry's truck tailgate.
Birthday bashesBirthday bashes
Birthday bashes

Any birthday was an invitation to a bash. Here Judith is celebrating her birthday at the Texas Roadhouse.
Judith and TerryJudith and Terry
Judith and Terry

Judith and Terry celbrate Judith's birthday by drinking Merlot wine (yum, yum).
Kite Festival Kite Festival
Kite Festival

Every February South Padre Island has a kite festival. Here is one of my kites.
Bull fightsBull fights
Bull fights

We went to a bloodless bull fight. It was kind of interesting. Here are Ray, Barb and Doug at the intrance to the ring.
Mardi GrasMardi Gras
Mardi Gras

The campground celebrated Mardi Gras with a parade, games and eats. Great fun for all. Here is Dan leading the parade.
Mardi GrasMardi Gras
Mardi Gras

Here are Gerry and Heather in the hall with lots of games.
Water balloon tossWater balloon toss
Water balloon toss

Here camp members try to toss a water balloon to their partner with breaking them.
Lim'sLim's
Lim's

Here are the people that we partied the most with. We are at Lim's Chinese Restaurant.


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb