Day 14: Amarillo to Dallas - Contiki Day 8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
December 20th 2012
Published: December 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 15 Degrees

Bags to coach, 7.45. we headed to the big texan again for breakfast then onto the bus for departure at 8am. Just down the road we stoped at a place called the 'Cadilac Ranch' a place where someone has burried a whole bunch of old cadilacs nose deep in the sand where you can spray paint on them and leave your mark for future travelers to view. A few more rest stops along the way and 7-8 hours later we made it to Dallas. Huge traffic jams heading into the city delayed our arrival to our hotel however by 5pm we had arrived.

Another quick turn around and we were all off for a 15 min walk to our dinner destination Gators Bar for our mexican feast. Then those who wanted to headed to the Haunted House just down the road for a scare or two...i was petrified, and grabbed onto Natalie who was even more scared and between the two of us i think we scared ourselves more than the actors paid to scare us did! Once everyone had been through we headed back to Gators but was accompied by one of the zombies who continued to scare one of the girls for 3/4's of the way back, it was so funny!! When we got back to Gators it was time to head out again, the Gators shuttle bus took us to the American Airlines Arena for the Dallas Mavericks Vs. Miami Heat basketball game. A good game to begin with, which quickly turned into the Heat absolutley hammering Dallas with a 20+ point win! The atmosphere was so different to the NFL game we went to in San Francisco but it was a good time none the less and we all left at the end of the game and headed back to Gators. Strong cocktails and karaoke, a reciepe for another good night. I managed to get up there for one song, then it was closing time so we all headed back to the hotel.

Tomorrow is our free day in Dallas so a small sleep in is in order :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb