Arkansas to Tennessee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
September 21st 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a great night's sleep in our Ramada Inn hotel room, we had breakfast in the lobby and loaded the van and headed east once again. We drove into Tennessee and through Memphis. We stopped to see our friends Leroy and Betty Jane in Huron, TN. They moved here last year from Appalachicola, FL. After a tour of there 11 acres, we had a delicious lunch, Borsch soup, sandwiches and salads. Plus muffins and cookies for dessert. Betty Jane is quite a good cook.

After our visit we followed Leroy and Betty Jane into Lexington, TN and we headed north on Route 22 and got back on Interstate 40 East. We drove through Nashville at rush hour and decided that we would get another hotel room for the night. the temperature was 88 and although it was due to frop into the high 60's tonight, we didn't want to have to wait until a wee hours of the morning for it to be cool enough to sleep in the van.

We stopped at Knights Inn in Lebanon, TN. It definitely wasn't as nice as the Ramada but it was only 2/3 as expensive. We walked across the highway and ate at O'Charlies, which was great. Great food and great service. Dave is having a problem with his the veins in his right leg. We are not sure how this will affect the rest of our trip. We will re-evaluate in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Betty Jane with her pipeBetty Jane with her pipe
Betty Jane with her pipe

Betty Jane says you need to have a pipe when you live in TN (really not hers - belong to Leroy)


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb