Oklahoma to Arkansas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas
September 21st 2007
Published: September 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

A Glimpse of Oklahoma CityA Glimpse of Oklahoma CityA Glimpse of Oklahoma City

A drive by shot as we passed the city
We spent one horribly hot, sticky night at Red Rock Canyon State Park in Hinton, OK. We didn't get much sleep. Also the bathrooms were filthy. We decided to have breakfast on the road and stopped at the Gavin Family Restaurant in Hinton. I had pancakes and coffee and Dave had a bagel with egg, cheese and ham with coffee and the bill came to $7. We stopped for gas at the shell and got 2 coffees to go and they cost $.54 each.

It was a very hazy,hot morning and again not much to see along the road. We stopped for a break and Dave got peanuts in the shell. What a mess they made in the van. We stopped at Wendy's in Van Buren, AR and had a good lunch, and we were impressed with the very efficient and friendly service. The staff actually came to the table and asked if every thing was ok and did we need anything. That was a first at a fast food joint.

It was 88 degrees as we approached Memphis, so we finally decided to get a hotel for the night. We finally had Verizon Wireless and I was able to go on line in the van and found a place to stay. We picked the Ramada Limited in West Memphis, AR. It's nice to have internet when traveling for things like this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb