Happy Halloween


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Newport
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here are some pictures I've gathered over the past month. The one in costume was taken on tour day (if you havne't seen the movie Fireproof, I recommend you go...it's a great movie.) After the movie we went to dinner, and then crashed the party that Trish (head housekeeper) and her husband were having for 25 teenagers. We didn't stay long!

We will finish at Carson Springs on November 4, and will be moving to Talladega, just east of Birmingham. Gary and Sharon will be our leaders on that project too, and Marvin and Jackie are going there also. Everyone else is going home until January.

We're going to spend a couple of days in Chatanooga, so I'll post from there.

Enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Coincidentally, Coincidentally,
Coincidentally,

this is the same day the animals get to dress up as their favorite bird!
Overlooking Newport.Overlooking Newport.
Overlooking Newport.

See how hazy it is? That's the smoke Lewis and Clark were referring to when they named them the Great Smoky Mountains.
Can you see how high Can you see how high
Can you see how high

off the ground that front tire is? Surprisingly, it doesn't make it easier to keep the coach stable, but it was necessary to keep it level.
Located on the back of a semiLocated on the back of a semi
Located on the back of a semi

we spotted going down the freeway.
On the back of a garbage truck!On the back of a garbage truck!
On the back of a garbage truck!

At first I thought it was funny, but then it struck me that it's really sad.


16th November 2008

Hello!
I was thinking about how concerned you were with the over-running weed you have discovered....that's how I feel about HGTV and their "landscape" shows promoting planting creeping jenny!! Goodness, it certainly can't be the same plant that I fight with all summer long...or could it? Your blogs make me sad as I see that you are getting farther and farther away each project, and then I remember...each project brings you closer to me, summer and pop on the porch! Stay safe and happy. You are only a blog away!!
18th November 2008

Hi, Jeanne!
I hear you about the creeping jenny....morning glories are in that same category....Bob wouldn't even sell the seeds in the store! Don't start freezing rhubarb juice yet, but don't let the plants die!

Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb