Nashville - Celebrity Homes and Country Music Hall of Fame


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
April 4th 2013
Published: April 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thursday morning we took the Grayline Home of the Stars tour. Amazingly the driver was the son of Dan Seals (a couple songs "Everything that Glitter is not Gold, "Meet Me in Montana" and a lot more). Dan Seals died at 61, but obviously didn't leave a fortune to this son. But he was an excellent guide with lots of good and humorous stories. We saw some fabulous homes including Dolly Parton's and Taylor Swift. Unfortunately I didn't write them down and after the tour couldn't remember who's was who's so you will just see some pictures of nice celebrity homes. Oh well - it was interesting at the time. Not bad for taken out of the bus window on the move.

We had the tour driver drop us off at the Country Music Hall of Fame. We had a great lunch there and did the audio tour. There are over 2 million articles in the museum so needless to say we only got an overview. It was interesting to see the roots of country music and how it has evolved.

Before we settled into our hotel for the evening we drove to the Parthenon. It is an exact duplicate of the Parthenon in Greece. It was closed so we didn't get into the museum but took photos and walked around the outside.

Well, we are feeling toured out so we now start our 1,800 mile trek home. Just wanted to mention we are loving the new Garmin GPS 2595. It's a big improvement over our 2006 model. It shows which lane to be in - a big help, has voice recognition, bigger screen, indicates speed limits and the shows gas stations and main POI's on the screen, has two trip meters and calculates faster. Too many more upgrades to mention.

We left Nashville driving through some fog in the hills of Tennessee and through Kentucky. We crossed Illinois which was beautiful, flat agricultural land, through Minnesota, into Canada and home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb