Mt. Rushmore - Day 6


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What a day! I have been so looking forward to seeing this place & was not disappointed. We took the audio tour & I highly recommend it. I can't send you the audio so we took lots of pictures so enjoy.

Traveled next to Custer State Park. On the way to the park we saw a pigtail bridge. Heard about them but had never seen one. At CSP we got some wonderful shots of turkey & bison. Lots of beautiful scenery! On the way out of the park we saw Cathedral Spires.

We took a break at our cabin before heading to the Crazy Horse Memorial. While sitting at the table outside our cabin, 3 wild turkeys dropped by like they owned the place (Maybe they did?). After spending time at the Crazy Horse visitor center, we saw an amazing laser show! More tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Mt. RushmoreMt. Rushmore
Mt. Rushmore

this is a 1/12 model of what the finished carving was to look like.
wild turkeyswild turkeys
wild turkeys

look closely to see the baby chicks
more wild turkeysmore wild turkeys
more wild turkeys

I was sitting at the tacle outside our cabin & these guys dropped by for a visit


27th June 2010

Beautiful pictures and blog
Butch and Kay, We thank you for sharing this adventure with us. We can tell you two are having a great time. We have never been in that part of this great country before so you are inspiring us to take a trip there too one of these days. Keep the blog and pictures coming. Be safe.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb