Custer South Dakota


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Good Evening

We pulled in to the campsite about an hour ago and was greeted by the nicest crew. One of the men filled our propane tank and then asked about our favorite ice cream sundae. Apparently the site had a Social this afternoon and was ending up as we pulled in. He went down and got us each a treat and had his daughters deliver them to us.

Our trip to Mount Rushmore began this morning at 6:30 pacific time from Salt Lake City. We were on the road for about 16 hours riding through beautiful Wyoming. Yes, it is beautiful for what it is but, once again, the road was long and located smack in the middle of vast prarie, surrounded by a variety of mountain ranges. We somehow by passed the Rockies which I'm certain would have been intesting.

Tomorrow we venture out to Rushmore and Custer State Park to see the carving of Crazy Horse. Following that, we will be off to DeSmet to tour the setting of the Little House on the Prarie series.

Its really amazing how far from one another things are around the northern plains. We stopped at a SUPER Walmart which is by definition a store for all seasons. If we had one of these establishments in our area, I seriously doubt any other market would survive. It is simply huge, selling food and the usual items you would expect.

Hope you enjoy the photos. Eileen is going to be a photographer par excellence by the end of the trip.

See you soon Dan and Eileen


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



9th July 2012

Wow
I love all the pictures and the up dates, I so wish I was with you. Keep having a great time

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb