ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT TOUR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
September 24th 2013
Published: September 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What an amazing adventure we had today as we traveled into the Rogue River wilderness on Jerry's Rogue Jet Boat. Gold Beach which is named for the gold found near here in the mid-1800s, sits where the Rogue River meets the sea. All kinds of year round activities are available here - fishing and boating on the river, or beaches and ocean to please the entire family. Jet boat trips run up the wild and scenic Rogue River of 64, 80, and 104 mile round trips. The longer the trip the wilder the ride, so we chose the 104 mile all-day outing from 9:00am to 4:00 pm. The excursion included stunning scenery, wildlife viewing and white-water rapids!! Yes, we did get wet! On the way up river the boat made a stop at one of the up-river lodges for bathroom break and drinks or snacks. On the way back we stopped at the lodge on the other side of the river for lunch and a chance to stretch our legs. When wildlife is sighted the boat driver would stop the boat and then try to get as close as possible so we could take pictures. We saw quite a variety of wildlife as you will see from the pictures, however, I was not able to catch all that we saw. The first part of the trip was calm as we watched for wildlife and learned much of the history of the area given as if we were just having a conversation - with plenty of dry humor mixed in. If you are ever down in this area, we would strongly recommend to do the Jet Boat Tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - Four Seasons RV Park from boatROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - Four Seasons RV Park from boat
ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - Four Seasons RV Park from boat

This is where we were camped. Picture taken from the boat.
 ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - deer resting on high rock ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - deer resting on high rock
ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - deer resting on high rock

He was a long way up on the mountain. Had to have good eyes to spot him.
 ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - Red Headed Eagles ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - Red Headed Eagles
ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - Red Headed Eagles

Also known as Turkey Buzzards
ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - isolated cabin in the woodsROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - isolated cabin in the woods
ROGUE RIVER JET BOAT - isolated cabin in the woods

Some people like to get away from it all!!


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb