FOUNDER'S WEEK AT MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE, CHICAGO


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
February 1st 2014
Published: February 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well our first day of our trip to Chicago has been quite an adventure. We were up EARLY this morning (5;00 A.M.), went down for the complimentary breakfast and then got the 6 o'clock shuttle to the airport. We breezed through the security point very quickly and made our way to the departure gate. Our flight to Chicago left pretty much on time. It was a beautiful sunny morning as we were taking off so I was able to catch a couple of interesting pictures from the plane.

We decided to have lunch at the airport since there were lots of choices of places to eat!! While having lunch we reminisced about how we would drive out here to watch the planes take off and land as our major source of entertainment!! Had no money to do anything else, but we didn't mind. After lunch we decided to take the CTA train (or the EL as we called it back when we were students here). The train left right from the airport - didn't even have to go outside to get to the station. As a matter of fact it was closer than where you had to go for the shuttle buses and taxis!! The ride into downtown Chicago was just like any other city - Vancouver, Houston, Portland etc. except the train line went so very close to the old buildings you thought you would hit them. Can't imagine sleeping in your bed with the train going right by your window every few minutes!! Then to see how close and crowded the building are made me so very thankful again for the beautiful place where we live. We changed from the "blue line" to the "red line" down in the loop and then walked from the Chicago St. station to our Hotel. There was no wind or snow and it wasn't too cold, so it was an enjoyable walk. Many people were out walking. So glad I had on my new boots, though. The curbs were quite slushy. Arrived here just in time to see the opening of the Super Bow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb