Life's a beach, and what a beach ⛱️


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
October 5th 2023
Published: October 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We travelled from Diamond Lake to the Pacific North West Coast along the Rogue-Umpqua scenic byway. Two of Oregon's nationally designated wild and scenic rivers.
An ever changing feats of waterfalls white water and gorges in heavily forested southern Cascade mountains.

I've never seen such amazing scenery.
We had quick stops here and there to see a couple of waterfalls. But we were eager to get to the coast our final destination and a whole week here.
It was our intention to start at the coast but 3 weeks ago the coast had 35 foot waves and severe weather which is why we chose to go south and east first.

We arrived at Reedsport at 5pm. Travelled north up the coast and stopped at Oregon Dunes National Recreational Area.
Found a car park hiked over a massive sand unexpected at the same time.e we could hear this deafening roar of the Pacific ocean. We timed in just as the sun was starting to set.
We'd hoped to camp here but the state forest camp sites need reservations even with a camp host. You check in online. We had no signal. They don't do anything for you.

We set off towards Florence and came across Woahink RV park, set right up against the sand dunes with a lake across the road.
We were rewarded with better.
The next morning straight up and out on the dunes at 9.30.

We had the whole place to ourselves. It is 2 miles of dunes from our campsite to the ocean and we could still hear its roar.
The dunes inhabitants were out. The tiniest frogs hoping about, millipedes and sand worms and birds that left their imprints on the damp sand.
It really was magical to be amongst it all.

We spent the day in shorts and t-shirts running around the sights. The weather was with us it was hot sunny and 72 °C

Places we visited
Haceta head lighthouse
Haceta beach
Old Town Florence
Novelli"s for fresh crab and clam chowder
Home Grown Brewery for beers
BJ's for milkshakes
Jessie M Honeymoon recreational Park for more sand dunes
The lake where we lay on the pontoon watching the stars come out listening to the frogs chorus



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb