Lincoln City


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tide PoolsTide PoolsTide Pools

Tide Pools in Lincoln City
We woke up kinda late (for us) and walked to the Continental Breakfast served by the hotel. It was a good breakfast, but was mostly just bagels and English Muffins.

After breakfast we immediately went down to the beach and walked a long stretch until there was a river we couldn't cross. Along the way we saw some awesome tide pools with starfish, mussels and many other sea creatures.

Since we were "stuck", not being able to cross the river we walked up to the main strip and walked down back to the hotel. It was still a little too early for many shops to be open but it was cool to see what Lincoln City had. For the most part, it was just "mom and pop" places offering everything from antiques to tattoos to used books.

Once back at the hotel we got into the car and drove a ways to see the Siletz National Wildlife Reserve... and it wasn't until we were about seven miles down the road that we discovered it wasn't something that we could go walk around or check out.

We ended up at Gleneden Beach where we got out and walked around
Tide PoolsTide PoolsTide Pools

Tide Pools in Lincoln City
a bit. Gleneden Beach was a bit different in that the sand was much more "rocky" and hard than the beach in front of the hotel in Lincoln City.

After seeing some seagulls, surfers and some families flying kites we got back in the car and drove back to Lincoln City. We stopped to eat at Mo's but the line was out the door so we decided to check out what other places were around to eat.

We ended up choosing Tiki's at 51st...

After a quick trip back to the hotel we decided to take a hike to Driftwood Creek Falls... It was a 3.3 mile hike with a grand finale of a large suspension bridge that led to an incredible view of an amazing waterfall. It actually took about 20 minutes to drive up the steep, 9 mile hill to get to the trail-head for the hike.

Once we were done with the hike and back in Lincoln City we went to Mo's for dinner.

We then went on one final beach walk to end our quick weekend getaway to Lincoln City.


...



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Tide PoolsTide Pools
Tide Pools

Tide Pools in Lincoln City
Drift Creek Falls Trail SignDrift Creek Falls Trail Sign
Drift Creek Falls Trail Sign

Drift Creek Falls Trail Sign
Drift Creek FallsDrift Creek Falls
Drift Creek Falls

Drift Creek Falls
Suspension BridgeSuspension Bridge
Suspension Bridge

Suspension Bridge at Drift Creek Falls
Sunset in Lincoln CitySunset in Lincoln City
Sunset in Lincoln City

Sunset in Lincoln City


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb