Ohio, Memorial to Diana


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Bowling Green
July 14th 2010
Published: July 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

DianaDianaDiana

Diana on our dock in Charleston 2008
While in Ohio, we went to my sister Darlene’s 50th Birthday party at her home. We also went to my Uncle Bob’s 80th birthday party at Gay’s home. I saw cousins I had not seen in many years which was very nice.


Dad, Carol and I went for a 16 mile bike ride on the Slippery Elm trail where a bench h was placed in memory of my sister who passed away last May 2nd of a brain tumor.


So most of this post is in memory of my sister Diana.


Diana loved the water, beach and riding her bicycle. She would ride the Slippery Elm trail several times a week and sometimes twice a day. I think it is about 30 miles round trip from her home.

She and Artie came to Charleston in Sept of 2008 and we took an offshore trip in our Sailboat to Edisto Island.

Carol and Diana really became good friends.

We miss Diana a lot and know she is in a happy place and we will see her again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

DarleneDarlene
Darlene

Mom, Dad and Darlene at her 50th Party.
TrailTrail
Trail

Carol and Dad riding out the Slippery Elm Trail. Dad is 78 and we slowed him down, sure hope I got those jeans!
Diana's BenchDiana's Bench
Diana's Bench

This bench was placed on the Slippery Elm Trail by the Hospitol where she worked.


14th July 2010

Awesome
It's great that you took time out for your sister. It was good for the hospital to place the bench in her memory. Hard to believe that your dad is that energetic! Slowing him down on a bike @ that age? WOW! That is awesome! Love your blog. Thanks for sharing. Looks like all is doing well.
14th July 2010

Very Nice
You have a wonderful family, nice tribute to your sister. PS are going to wash those jeans when you get them?

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb