Continuing South


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina
December 3rd 2005
Published: December 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We loved Williamsburg. So well done and surprisingly non-commercial. Very interesting, well-trained docents interpreting 18th century and Williamsburg history. Highly authentic. Candlelight dinners and Colonial menus each night. Colorful torch light fife & drum parade, nice evening of Colonial entertainment with spirits and games at one of the taverns, an exceptional tour of John D. and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller's home (they financed the revitalization - such vision), and much more! Great tour guide at "Shirley Plantation" the largest plantation on the James River near Richmond, Virginia. The 11th generation of the original family is still farming the land. The "schooler" (our RV motor home) is proving very road-worthy. It's a nice cozy place to come home to at night and has its own wine cellar. So nice to move from place to place without thinking about packing up and unpacking again. We are just crossing the Virginia / North Carolina border. Likely to make two more overnight stops before the schooner reaches its winter home in Fort Myers. Florida.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.379s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 122; dbt: 0.1248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb