A day in the village


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Pinehurst
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Enjoy wandering around this beautiful village of PINEHURST - with us - as we breakfast at POPPY' - SHOP at some of the quaint shops - stroll past THE CAROLINA HOTEL - and lunch at THE SANDHILLS WOMEN'S 'EXCHANGE.

Does this bring back memories Simon G ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

And another!And another!
And another!

These houses are typical of most homes in Pinehurst Village.
POPPY's CAFEPOPPY's CAFE
POPPY's CAFE

This became a favourite place for us last time we came to Pinehurst - mainly because of POPPY who owned it! He has now sold the business but it still is a good place to sample coffee and AMERICAN breakfast!
The Village Christmas TreeThe Village Christmas Tree
The Village Christmas Tree

6 men and a cherry-picker - to decorate this tree for the lighting up on Friday! More about it later!!
Village shopsVillage shops
Village shops

Poppy's and more - note the rocking chairs on the porch - a favourite place to rest awhile and watch the world go by!
THE CAROLINA HOTELTHE CAROLINA HOTEL
THE CAROLINA HOTEL

I think that this building is the largest wooden building in constant use - in the country (or the State). Whatever - it is a most magnificent place. THE place to be if you are a golfer with a large bank balance!!
Decorated street sign.Decorated street sign.
Decorated street sign.

The village holiday decorating committee were out in force making sure that every street sign was suitably dressed for the holiday season.
THE SANDHILLS WOMENS EXCHANGETHE SANDHILLS WOMENS EXCHANGE
THE SANDHILLS WOMENS EXCHANGE

This place has an interesting history - too long to put in this space - more later! It is presently used as an outlet for American crafters - and has a restaurant - staffed by volunteers. Very old and very quaint.
THE HOLLY INN.THE HOLLY INN.
THE HOLLY INN.

Another one of the beautiful places that Golfers choose to staoy in whilst spending their days on one of the VERY many golf courses in and around Pinehurst.
BLISS!!BLISS!!
BLISS!!

What better way to relax after a wonderful day exporing PINEHURST!!


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb