Post Camp


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

8 staff members were left to help run a series of mini camps. The first was a day camp from Florida which comes to North Carolina for a week of fun and games as an end of summer treat. We then had two sessions of D.A.R.E. camp, which is run and paid for by the Henderson County Sheriff’s Department. It is generally for kids from underprivileged backgrounds that are hand chosen by their teachers to attend. All these kids had a great time and were so appreciative for everything that was provided for them. It was a lot of fun though working on the Iceberg and Blob all day as they were definitely 2 of my favourite activities during the summer. A 275 pound policeman blobbed both Hayley and Mick into next week, which was heaps of fun. (Check out the Videos). Before DARE camp and the children arriving we also got to shoot a bunch of really cool guns at our riflery range. They were supplied by people from an organisation that we cannot name!!! They included a handgun, revolver, army assault rifle (A4 I think) and a 12 gauge shotgun. Our ears were ringing for the rest of the day, even though we wore ear plugs, but it was good fun shooting the crap out of different items on the range. And of course we didn’t have a camera with us so sorry, no photos.

In between the mini camps we had a couple more days off and were permitted to leave camp property so 5 of us took a road trip to Charlotte to catch up with Tom, a fellow counselor from the summer. With a keg by our sides, we had a great night of extreme drinking ganja, which was an absolute laugh.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb