Headed To Charlotte NC


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

GreenvilleGreenvilleGreenville

We discovered, by chance, this nice park and restaurant, Larkin's on the River.
We are on our way North. We left Sandy Springs a little later than planned but still got on the road before 11:00am. The drive is familiar to us so the first 100 miles was boring. Then we decided to have some brunch shortly after noon. We were already in South Carolina and thought about finding a winery nearby where we could have some lunch plus taste some wine. After some research, we forgot that idea. The best we could find was 50 miles north of I-85 and would require almost a reverse drive back.

So, we thought of a dining area that we discovered a few years ago in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. We were ready to eat since Jackie had skipped breakfast. We diverted off I-85 into downtown Greenville and found a convenient parking space. The restaurant that we picked was on the river near a jazz concert stage. The food was great and we tried their special bloody mary. Wow, good idea but I still had over 100 miles to reach Charlotte. So, one was enough.

Our objective today was to visit and spend the night with Amy and Keith, our niece and nephew. They live
Bloody Mary menuBloody Mary menuBloody Mary menu

Here's a great idea. Select what you want in your Bloody Mary. Here's our choice.
in Waxhaw, North Carolina, about 20 miles south of Charlotte. They have a wonderful, spacious home. After resting for a while, we drove into to the village for dinner. We all agreed that we picked the perfect place to eat. Abby and Jake, their kids, joined us.

After dinner Keith drove us to South Carolina to demonstrate how close we were in Waxhaw from the state line. Only one or two miles. Who knew?

Tomorrow, we leave early to drive up to Lexington, Virginia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Bloody MaryBloody Mary
Bloody Mary

Now that's a way to start a road trip. Nice brunch topped with a little spice.
YumYum
Yum

If you are ever in Greenville, SC, stop here for a Bloody Mary. Nice.
Snap ChatSnap Chat
Snap Chat

Our first Snapchat selfie.
RestaurantRestaurant
Restaurant

Perfect location for dinner in the village of Waxhaw. Everyone enjoyed their selection. The beer list was great, too.
Ensey FamilyEnsey Family
Ensey Family

Keith, Jake, Amy and Abby. Thanks, Ensey's for hosting us.
OdometerOdometer
Odometer

This is the odometer as we began. Zero on the A-trip gauge. I'll keep this updated with progress.


30th August 2016

Great Start!
Sounds like a great start to a fun trip. Enjoy! P.S. Snapchat - I'm impressed!

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0799s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb