Autumn in the mountains


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Asheville
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I slept in; still have a nasty cough and runny nose-but honestly I'd sleep in even if I was feeling great! When you get up at 5:30 each work day and work 10 hour days, sleeping in is such a treat! We had our breakfast then decided to go to Trader Joe's. We are moving to a campground in Cherokee, NC for the next 10 days. The town of Cherokee is very limited in stores so I want to get a few things in Asheville before we head out: apples, strawberries, lemons, garlic, onions, green beans, romaine, canned diced tomatoes, turkey breast slices, Swiss cheese, fresh ground turkey, fresh chicken breasts, frozen shrimp and cod.

We go back to the campground and pack up. We will be back here in about 10 days. When we made reservations here, we couldn't get a site for Oct 11-Oct 20 so we are heading to Cherokee, NC. This place is so pretty. As we are heading down the hill to leave, we realized we haven't secured the bedroom closet doors so Ken stopped at the bottom of the hill. As he opened the door and stepped out of the truck, a huge bird dropping (maybe from a duck???) splatted on Ken's arm, the windshield and the inside of the door. This thing was HUGE....and it stunk! I was laughing-he wasn't. I'm glad it wasn't me! We opened the RV and Ken got in and cleaned off and changed his shirt. My job was to clean the inside of the truck. After the delay we were on our way again.

The drive to Cherokee is beautiful with the changing leaves. We arrive at 'The Flaming Arrow Campground' and get set up. We are starving so I quickly fixed lunch: turkey breast slices with mustard rolled in romaine leaves. Ken also had some Swiss cheese and pickles. He is finishing setting up and we are going to take a walk soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement





Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb