Back to Asheville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Asheville
September 26th 2013
Published: October 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

On Wednesday night we took my rental car back to the airport - one day early. This will make getting out of town on Thursday so much faster. I got off work Thursday about 3 pm and Ken picked me up at the hospital. We are headed to our RV in Asheville, NC. Bella and Lola are spending the weekend with us; we will pick them up after school on Friday.

We have to pick our RV up from "storage". Before we went to Tucson we took the RV to 'Jason's' father's house to store it. Jason is the maintenance man at the RV campground we are staying in. It's very nice of him to let us do this as it usually costs a fair amount to store it. The place where he said we could store it is his father's very nice grassy front yard. We were hesitant to park it there but he insisted it was ok. When we went to pick it up, it had rained the previous two days and pulling it out of the yard created a muddy mess in his yard. We felt bad, but he said the grand kids will fill it in.
ScallopsScallopsScallops

Avenue M restaurant
We got a thank you card and Ken put some cash in it and took it to him later in the week.

We got settled in the campground and left to find dinner. We had no idea where we were going. We are in North Asheville. I had not had time to research the area. We drove past a place I thought looked interesting, so we turned around and went in. It's called 'Avenue M', a modern, eccentric local place with a varied menu. The place is packed with locals; I think it's going to be a good choice. It's 1/2 price martini night. But with me trying to eat better, I haven't had alcohol for about two weeks. I may have a glass of wine. We each ordered a mixed green salad and the scallop appetizer: 3 grilled scallops served on a arugula. Ken ordered a local beer and I got a glass of Pinot noir. It was a nice light dinner. I like this place. The decor is inviting: stained concrete floors, lights that provide relaxed ambiance. Afterwards we stopped at Ingles for a few groceries and went back to the RV. We were both tired so read and went to bed.

Advertisement



14th October 2013

Avenue M!
Love eating at Avenue M. Those scallops look sooo delish!

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb