Easter


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Apex
March 23rd 2008
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kyle and the WomenKyle and the WomenKyle and the Women

All of us... minus Anne. We'll Photoshop her in later.
Easter. Woohoo! We got up really early, loaded the bus and headed into town. One of the families from the church had all of us over for breakfast and an Easter egg hunt. Oh my goodness! The kids were going crazy! And they rarely have candy, so it was an extra special treat. Then we headed off to church.

The church that sponsors the house we live in is called King’s Park International Church, or KPIC. We went, and the kids were to do one number, so we had sound check and all that jazz. The kids sang well, and the rest of the service was pretty good, but I am a firm believer that no church service should go over 2 hours! Wow it was long. But it was cool because Anne and Jessica both joined us. Neither of them could remember the last time they were in a church. Very cool. It then brought on some cool conversations, at least with Jessica. Planting seeds…

When we got back to the house, we made lunch, and then I took a nap, imagine that. And played Frisbee with the staff, and took a nap in the sun. I got a little color on my white… everything. It was a beautiful day! I laid down again, but didn’t really sleep. Then there were a zillion people in the kitchen (people came to bring us food) and our slider door to the back yard was open and there were extra kids. Lots of noise. Lots of extra kids. I did in fact ask a few time to double check that there were some around that are not ours. Sarah, Kyle, Jessica and I Tim-Tam-Slammed and had a good long convo about homosexuality and the church. It was good. We were all pulling form each other and pooling knowledge. Stretching as well; making sure I know what I believe.

We played some games of Skip-Bo and took some pictures. All in all a good day. A few more days until we’re back on the road!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb