New York, 10th - 16th


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 17th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

New YorkNew YorkNew York

where have all the flowers gone!
10th September, we have arrived in the big smoke and damn is she big, as Jono say's a city on steriods. I think it was still the 10th my days are really mucked up travelling through time zones (sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone). This is such a BIG city it just goes on and on surround sights. You can not see where the city edge is at, and the pace is fast. Our 2nd day in father and son went walkies, I was in much need of zzz's. The people seem to be in pilot mode, same old thing just a different day. It must be quite trying having to deal with volumns and volumns of people on a daily basis, they don't seem to have alot to smile about. Anyway on our 3rd day John, Jono and I went on a bus tour which was quite comforting considering the amount of walking we did in Italy, very welcoming. The tour took us around to see Wall Street, ground zero, times square, Brooklyn bridge, Rockerfeller centre, a ferry ride over to see the Statue of Liberty and other monumental sites.
Our 4th day was spent with Jono
cin cincin cincin cin

jono & Deigo
shopping at Maceys the biggest shopping department in the world. John lost interest after a couple of hours, I didn't even attempt to shop as the store was nine levels high with shop after shop. So i just spent my time loitering either outside or where jono was at i was cool with that as im not really a shoppy gal.
5th day of too Kennedy airport quite an early getaway as it took a good hour to get there. You really need to allow for traffic congestion and airport misdemeanour of some sorts before you can comfortably arrive at your gate of departure. Bye NY nice to visit with you but i don't see me rushing back for another visit.
Washington DC here we come! It was a short flight 1 hour and 12 minutes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

ground zeroground zero
ground zero

9/11 where it happened
times squaretimes square
times square

Us making it on the big screen
Rockerfeller centerRockerfeller center
Rockerfeller center

this view taken from the rockerfekkor center just went around and around and as far as the eye could see whew!
My lunchMy lunch
My lunch

Dinning in a local cafe
smilesmile
smile

jono & I got a sketch done of us he feels that it may be a younger version (by about 20y) of us. I say it's not what u see that matters, it how you see it. Funny!
local inhabitantlocal inhabitant
local inhabitant

pretty cute! a local inhabitant of central park
people phobiapeople phobia
people phobia

just another afternoon in times square
NY CabbiesNY Cabbies
NY Cabbies

taxi taxi!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb