4th September-10th


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
September 16th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DeigoDeigoDeigo

Deigo pointing out a sundial at a old roman market place
Hey everybody still doing a catchup, on the 4th September we visited a church in Aqueilla which was an important roman post for shipping.
The 5th we went to Venecia (not venice) and shopped around while Deigo (cuzzie bro) had a meeting to attend. Big city once again wonderful old churches/cathedrals.
On the 6th and 7th we all went to Venezia/ Venice (Perro,Perina,Deigo,John,Jono and I) and stayed one night there in a university hostel (and get this) it only cost us $20 pp it's not what you know but whom! It was a little like Roma with lots and lots of people however we tolerated Venice a whole lot better. St Marks square the heart of Venice, the canals winding there way through the city as Gondalas and boats are the only way to transport people and goods. We also visited a couple of twin islands (Murano & Burano) out on the lagoon, one renowned for the fine lace making with vibrantly painted homes to help them navigate their way home in foggy conditions, the other for their glass blowing We caught the Euro back to Portorgruaro that evening.
The next day we went over too Trieste, beautiful, beautiful and beautiful.
VeneciaVeneciaVenecia

such opulence
Jono, Deigo and I dined by the Adriatic sea having a wonderful seafood lunch watching people lazing in the sea it was great to see older woman (60s plus) swimming and sunbathing in bikinis. One thing I have notice the woman here are very comfortable in their own skin no matter what age- it was nice to see and quite, a la naturale. Anyway we visited a couple of castles while we were there and the views that they had was amazing, quite jealous. There is German and Austrian influence in Trieste, while dinning i was aware of 3 countries bordering Trieste. Anyway back to Portorgruaro our last night. I fell in love with Italy the people it's history, food and culture, not too mentioned the weather, damn it was HOT- HOT- HOT but GR8T!
10th September, Arriverdercci Italy, hello New York and OMG halfway through the day I realised it was my birthday. Since leaving home I gotten my days mucked up big time. Anyway 8 hours later we arrived in NY we thought security would be very tight what with 9/11 but it was ok not too stringent. This is where I will sign off to start another
AquillaAquillaAquilla

Mother & Son Perina & Deigo
blog as it is another chapter, ka kite ano Jono & Daph


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

BuranoBurano
Burano

Art of glass
MuranoMurano
Murano

colourful!!
The WhanauThe Whanau
The Whanau

Dinning in Venice
Lace FanLace Fan
Lace Fan

Lace museum, such intricate work


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb