packing and procrastination and primary needs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
October 16th 2005
Published: October 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

multitasking margi is how i would describe myself. i really don't have time to be doing this but it is more fun than packing - ironing, washing clothes, etc.

any last minute advice from my fellow bloggers. my travel agent friend suggested a jar of peanut butter and stopper from sink. other practical suggestions are duct tape, clothesline, melatonin, etc if you world travelers have some suggestions, please chime in. just 3 days to go!!!

i won't embarass the person who made the most practical suggestion of all - practice squatting over the toilet. really!! this person has been to china and had the experience in public bathrooms. a hole in the floor is what is called a toilet in some places. this person also added that it is possible and aim gets better with practice.

my son blogged me about my first entry = stark naked. i wonder what he will think of this entry. i'm just telling it like it is. we will run in to circumstances like the above and realize how much most of us take for granted in relation to a most primary of functions.

i hope this gets you blogging. remember, anything goes. let's have fun with this. so far a half dozen people have graduated from being mere blogees to full-fledged bloggers. congratulations amy, hilda, lynn, ben, ruth. honorable mention for emails through the site to biff and don. keep trying dick and jack. i know you can do it.

margi



Advertisement



16th October 2005

take some toilet paper & a clothespin!
Wonder how John is coming with his packing? Are you both going to work on Tuesday? Take the day off, I say. Clothespin to clip together drapes that won't stay closed in your hotel room; a tiny flashlight, toilet paper;just enough to get you covered one time as you can resupply each time!:)
16th October 2005

More stuff
Peanut Butter! Take peanuts too. You will be served some things that are good only to fertilize plants. With peanuts in your backpack to can defer to the next meal. Take moisture wipes, towelettes for before meals and bathroom. Don't know if the water is safe so check on purification pills. Now get busy packing. biffer
17th October 2005

uh oh, 2 messages awaiting approval
Oh boy, Mog, I'm gumming up the works not being a subscriber and making you have to ok my comments. You are behind; probably both messages are from me. I am glad you started this now, so I could get used to doing this. I promise I won't write so much about nothing. Bon voyage!
17th October 2005

leave it to mom...
to gum up the system...i was wondering if you blogged in the nude? i tried once but the kids didn't really like it...j/k ;)
17th October 2005

ok now?
trying it after i've logged in ... should add the comment right away...
18th October 2005

Up, up and away in one more day!
Crackers, Tums, breath mints, brush ups, for the close proximity on the plane and on the bus and boat. Bet you will become good friends with the other 22 people on the tour; you'll feel like a family of Americans experiencing everything together. Sleep; don't stay up doing stuff tomorrow night; water bottle; stay hydrated.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb