Satellite Tracking of our hike


Advertisement
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here is the link to our tracking device we will use this year. Once on the trail (start 1 May) we will update our position twice daily at a minimum. Lunch time and at the end of the day. We will also update at state lines and such.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/gogl.jsp?glId=0GzkzKZdmy7ngYeKQAlt24bTBTBUIKFmd

Just copy the above and paste it to the address bar, then off you go. I find the "Hybrid" view best, shows the satellite photo with the names of things pasted on top. We have all the 14 food resupply boxes packed, transportation to and from the trail set up. Now time to do the final check of all the rest of our gear and visit with friends and family for the last few days at home.

Thanks to all the subscribers for following along our journey. We so enjoy getting all the comments you send while we are on the trail. We hope you all have a great summer and enjoy the walk with us.

Advertisement



1st May 2009

Have a good trip
Hi and good bye. Have a good and safe trip you two!! God Bless you on the trail.
5th May 2009

Love and Miss you
Hello Mom and Dad. Just got off the phone with you and now sending you a small comment. Just thinking of you and miss you both. Hope all is well and we think of you everyday. The kids really miss you both. We love tracking you and seeing where you are. This is a really cool feature. Talk to you soon and enjoy it and be safe. Also the other device is working good. I get an email or two everyday. Thanks. The Yates family.
7th May 2009

Following your blog
Hello Pat and Debbie, Jane and I are with you again on the trek to Mt. Katadin. The Google map presentation working well. Have fun and Godspeed.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb