Niagara Falls, by day, by night.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Niagara Falls
September 27th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a brilliant experience to have. We stayed with Ray at his B&B home about 2 miles from the falls and whilst there met a lovely German couple, Toby and Lea. We spent a full day walking devil's gorge, a 4 mile hike along the Niagara River. (Hike in English = a walk by the way). We were totally rewarded when we got to the end and seen the American falls, the smaller of the set of falls. We crossed it to see it from the other side and walked a little further to see the House-shoe falls, the larger of the two, which you can't quite see all of from the USA side. Matt and the German's decided to take the adventure of the cave of the winds and get even closer to the falls and almost stand under them. Kerry decided not to go and had a great time taking pictures and laughing at how wet the other three were getting.
The next day we crossed the border into Canada for a couple of hours (another stamp in the passport, yey) everyone had told us that the view from the Candian side was better as you can see the front of the falls and not just the sides of them. Kerry liked the view more from Canada but Matt liked it from the US side.
Sending Love
Matt & Kerry


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st October 2011

fab photos wish we were there, lots of love auntie sheila xxxxxxxxxxx
3rd October 2011

Wow!!!!!
The pictures are absolutely amazing I want to go!!! I love the picture with the rainbow its beautiful. Great to see you both having fun xx

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb