Pizza...the real style...from CHICAGO !!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 26th 2011
Published: September 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We've all had pizza before, but not like the pizza we had in Chicago! Can you imagine a piece of steak pie... well we had pizza pie! An inch and a half of crust, the base, cheese, the toppings (or in this case the fillings), more cheese, a thin piece of pastry and then the tomato sauce, baked to prefection, mmmmmmmm.

Then the icecream, o the icecream. We walked into a supermarket and they had a full row of freezers full of different flavoured icecream. Can someone please go knock on Mr Ben and Mr Jerry's door and demand that they make moose-tracks and turtle-tracks flavoured icecream for the UK !!! It is now my sole purpose in life to taste all flavours of icecream over here to find my favourite :-) (Guess who wrote this!)

And then, with our first couch surfering host John (who is so friendly and one of the niceist person we've ever met) took us out with his friends to a vegan buffet, which was really nice. We really enjoyed the veggie pancakes, the dumplings (funny shaped spring rolls) and we both had tofu for the first time, which tasted like a mix between something eggie and marshmellows, wierd but nice.
Well that was all about the food, we'll send another one to actually tell and show you that we haven't just been eating for the best part of a week!

Sending Love,
Matt & Kerry


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb