Flight cancelled


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 13th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heathrow and back again and again



Got up excessively early this morning to go to Heathrow to catch our flight to New York. Arriving at the airport at 06:40 we were politely informed that nobody was allowed into the terminal until 2 hours befor the flight. About 7.15 I asked again and they let us into the terminal.

Straight to the Zone A check-in only to see that our flight had been cancelled! Great!

We immediately phoned up to re-book and after being bounced around for a bit Catherine got us onto the 16:00 VS9 on the 14th. Catherine then went to have this validated and pick-up our tickets for tomorrow.

The whole situations is becoming a farce as it doesn't appear to be the airlines fault. According to Virgin BAA told them they needed to cancel flights (after successfully getting all their long-haul flights away - including on Thursday).

Phoned our favourite taxi company and they were back within 1/2 an hour to pick us up. Then it was a question of whether we took the food we'd thrown away out of the Wheely bin (still within expiry - but not when we get back) or bought some more! That brick I'd put on top of the bin to keep the lid down had suitable squashed any food...

Changed our hotel reservation in the States and the taxi picking us up, then spent a delightful 30 minutes analysing the Travel insurance policy.

So we go back to Heathrow tomorrow. 3rd day running as we picked Eleanor up on Saturday night. Her flight was almost on time but after landing took 2 and 1/2 hours before the bags surfaced... come on BAA pull your fingers out!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.9kb